Conroe, Texas is considered one of the best places to reside in the Lone Star State due to its ideal location, which is approximately 40 miles from Houston. The city is proud of its excellent public school system and affordable residential housing market.
The city of Conroe features a lively downtown area home to breweries, theaters, an abundance of shopping complexes, and an outstanding variety of attractive and gorgeous residential communities. Having so much live music available has helped Conroe, Texas acquire the title of “Music Friendly Community” from the state government of Texas.
This article will help you know the best residential neighborhoods in Conroe, TX.
Explore the Charming Neighborhoods of Conroe, TX
There are plenty of thriving residential communities all over Conroe, TX. The north sector of the city offers residences that are available at more reasonable prices, while the northwest parts of the region are often considered to be the home of the best neighborhoods in Conroe, TX.
Conroe Neighborhoods are categorized into two – Lakefront Communities and New Development Neighborhoods.
Lakefront Neighborhoods in Conroe, TX
Walden on Lake Conroe
The Walden neighborhood of Lake Conroe is a master-planned community encircled by the lake’s waters. It features a diverse selection of waterfront homes and access to all the lake has to offer in terms of water recreation.
- Prices for Walden on Lake Conroe real estate listings range from $100,000 to $1.9 million.
- Typically, residences include anywhere from one to five bedrooms and one to six bathrooms. These Walden residences may accommodate a wide range of family combinations.
- Conventional Walden home layouts range from approximately 2,000 to over 7,200 square feet of usable space.
- The typical lot size for these residences is between 0.08 and 7.12 acres.
- Properties here tend to be either Traditional or Modern in design.
The wealthy community of Bentwater is renowned for its excellent country club and world-class golf course, as well as its refined atmosphere and high level of privacy. Homes in the community are architectural works of art, and they all come with well-made, high-quality furnishings and appliances.
- Bentwater features houses priced anywhere from $200,000 to over $1,500,000.
- Many of these houses include anywhere from two to five bedrooms and two to six bathrooms.
- These houses’ interiors typically range from about 1,300 to 5,400 square feet.
- These homes usually sit on plots of land between 0.15 and 0.38 acres in size.
- The most frequent types of houses in Bentwater are Mediterranean, Spanish, and Traditional.
April Sound has all the small-town appeal of Montgomery, along with easy access to world-class facilities like golf courses, swimming pools, tennis courts, luxurious resorts, fantastic restaurants, and stunning real estate.
The reasonable housing options in April Sound constitute a significant plus. These residences were built specially to meet the requirements of a diverse group of homebuyers and to supply their families with the highest standard of living imaginable.
- There is a wide range of home values in April Sound, from $199,000 to $435,000, based on factors such as the location and amenities of the individual property.
- Two- to four-bedroom and four-bathroom floor plans are common in April Sound houses.
- The interior living space is typically between 1,300 and 3,000 square feet.
- Lot sizes for residences in April Sound are estimated to be between 0.05 and 0.31 acres.
- April Sound is notable for its Traditional single-story homes built primarily between the 1970s and the early 2000s.
Grand Harbor is desirable due to its stunning scenery and convenient location in Conroe, Texas. The well-maintained, aesthetically beautiful green spots that dot the neighborhood enhance the community’s tranquility.
With its stunning landscape, Grand Harbor is often considered one of the best neighborhoods in Conroe, TX in terms of visual appeal and landscape.
- A typical home in Grand Harbor might cost anything from $585,000 to $1.8 million.
- Four-bedroom floor plans and three- to four-bathroom arrangements are typical for Grand Harbor residences.
- Most homes in Grand Harbor usually have a total interior living space between 2,800 and 5,800 square feet.
- Real estate in the Grand Harbor neighborhood is often constructed on lots between 0.5 and 1.15 acres in size.
- Single-family residences with primarily Mediterranean and Traditional architecture constructed between 2009 and 2022 are familiar sights across the neighborhood.
New Development Neighborhoods in Conroe, TX
Grand Central Park
More than 2,000 acres in size, the brand-new Grand Central Park residential community in Conroe, TX is known for its peaceful atmosphere.
The Lake House is a clubhouse and leisure complex in the Grand Central Park community that spans over 13 acres and features a 7,600-square-foot clubhouse and a resort-style pool that the residents can enjoy.
- Homes in Grand Central Park are often listed for $300,000 to $2 million.
- Most of the properties on the market of Grand Central Park typically have floor plans with three to four bedrooms and two to five bathrooms.
- Houses in Grand Central Park commonly feature at least 1,500 and 3,800 square feet of interior space.
- Lot sizes for houses in Grand Central Park may go from 0.12 to 7.98 acres.
- Grand Central Park is known for its abundance of residences with Traditional facades.
Woodforest is a family-friendly, harmonious neighborhood with first-rate amenities and a convenient location, making it an excellent choice for homebuyers and renters.
It’s not just adults who’ll enjoy Woodforest; kids of all ages will have a blast here, too! There are so many exciting places to go that they may run around and have fun without being confined to just one spot.
- Woodforest real estate is currently listed between $315,000 and $3 million, with the price fluctuating depending on the home’s location, square footage, amenities, and other features.
- Woodforest homes often include anywhere from two to seven bedrooms and baths.
- Woodforest homes range from around 1,200 square feet in total interior living space to as much as 7,350 square feet.
- Common lot sizes in Woodforest are between 0.15 and 5.06 acres.
- Residences in Woodforest are predominantly either Contemporary/Modern, Traditional, French, Mediterranean, Spanish, or English in design.
Unique among master-planned communities, Harper’s Preserve provides an array of high-quality homes at affordable prices.
To further highlight the region’s natural beauty and add to the community’s exquisite visual appeal, Harper’s Preserve uses regionally native plant species. The streets and common areas are always clean, and the mature trees that line them create a peaceful atmosphere.
- Location, lot size, and other variables contribute to the flexible price range of homes in Harper’s Preserve, which often falls between $300,000 and $1.05 million.
- Most residences in Harper’s Preserve have between three and five bedrooms and two and six bathrooms, making them suitable for families of varying sizes.
- Harper’s Preserve houses can have anywhere from 1,300 to 4,600 square feet of living space.
- The average home in Harper’s Preserve sits on lots spanning from 0.13 to 0.33 acres.
- In terms of house design, most of Harper’s Preserve real estate is constructed in Mediterranean or Traditional styles.
Nestled among the city’s tall pines, Artavia provides its homeowners with a tranquil environment to enjoy the community’s many high-quality amenities and smart-technology-enabled features for their homes.
- Prices for single-family residences in Artavia typically range from $400,000 to $800,000.
- The standard layout includes three to five bedrooms and two to three bathrooms.
- The internal living spaces of most of the houses in Artavia are between 1,400 and 4,300 square feet.
- In Artavia, residential lots can be anywhere from 0.15 to 0.30 acres in size.
- It’s common to find Traditional, Contemporary/Modern, and Ranch-style homes in Artavia.
Graystone Hills is a rapidly developing residential area with amenities like greenbelt trails, local parks, a wildlife sanctuary, and a leisure center with a relaxing swimming pool.
- Homes in Graystone Hills are priced between $350,000 and $800,000.
- The houses for sale in Graystone Hills have anywhere from four to six bedrooms and three to five bathrooms.
- Homes in Graystone Hills typically have interior living areas between 2,800 and 4,600 square feet, giving buyers a wide range of possibilities.
- The available home lots in Graystone Hills range from about 0.24 to 1.50 acres.
- The majority of the houses in Graystone Hills are Traditional in design.
The beautiful neighborhood of Water Crest can be found close to the scenic Lake Conroe, offering a lifestyle that provides many alternatives for fun and relaxation. Lake Conroe is a famous destination for local boaters, fishermen, and nature enthusiasts.
- Listing prices for homes in Water Crest typically fall between $400,000 and $2.30 million.
- Most houses in Water Crest have between three and six bedrooms and two and six bathrooms.
- There is a wide variety of floor plans in Water Crest, with sizes ranging from 1,400 to over 6,900 square feet.
- Most lots are between 0.10 and 0.30 acres in size.
- Houses in Water Crest tend to be either Traditional or French in design.
Jacobs Reserve is conveniently situated less than ten minutes from The Woodlands’ delectable dining and shopping options. The neighborhood also features a dog park, a community lake, and miles of walking trails, which are great for keeping active children and adults entertained.
- Elegant homes in Jacobs Reserve are typically listed on the market from $400,000 to $1,000,000.
- Most houses in Jacobs Reserve have between three and five bedrooms and two and four bathrooms.
- Jacobs Reserve features a wide variety of floor plans and elevations, with sizes often ranging from 1,200 to 4,000 square feet.
- Lots in Jacobs Reserve typically range in size from 0.13 to 0.51 acres.
- The majority of houses in Jacobs Reserve have a Conventional layout and appearance.
The Woodlands Hills
Businesses, entertainment venues, and some of the best restaurants in Conroe, TX may be found in the areas surrounding The Woodlands Hills.
The neighborhood is known for its finely made homes and aesthetically pleasant and secure landscape, which includes miles upon miles of trails suitable for hiking and bike lanes explicitly marked along the major streets in the community.
- Most houses in The Woodlands Hills are listed between $350,000 and $6.9 million.
- Several residences in The Woodlands Hills have between three and five bedrooms and anywhere from two to six bathrooms.
- The interior dimensions of the houses in The Woodlands Hills range between 1,500 and 3,900 square feet.
- Residential lots in The Woodlands Hills can be anywhere from 0.18 to 32.45 acres in size.
- Many houses in The Woodlands Hills have a traditional style of architecture.
As a beautiful master-planned community, Panorama Village was envisioned as a first-rate golfing haven in the 1960s. Located along a 27-hole golf course, the community was designated one of the most attractive in Texas in 1972.
- Home prices in Panorama Village typically start at $150,000 and can reach as high as $670,000.
- Panorama Village, Texas real estate typically includes one- to five-bedroom floor plans with two- to five-bathroom amenities.
- These homes range from 1,200 to 3,700 square feet of interior space.
- Lot sizes in this area range from 0.2 to 0.39 acres, making them ideal for families or those looking to build a home with plenty of room to spread out.
- There is a prevalence of houses in Panorama Village that adhere to the Traditional style of architecture.
Estates at Westfork
Only eight minutes from the heart of Conroe, Estates at West Fork is one of the most picturesque neighborhoods in the area. West Fork is popular among homeowners because it manages to blend a small-town atmosphere with the amenities of a major city.
- Residential listings in Estates at Westfork often fall between the price range of $500,000 and $700,000.
- Homes in this neighborhood feature three to four bedrooms and three to five bathrooms.
- The houses at Estates at Westfork typically have 2,800 to 4,200 square feet of interior area.
- Most of the homes in Estates at Westfork are on modest lots, ranging from 0.49 to 0.24 acres.
- Real estate properties in the area typically have Traditional, Contemporary, or Modern architecture.
Single-family homes in Canyon Creek are stunning examples of Traditional architecture, and they come fully furnished with manicured lawns and garages. Locals have a lot of options for how to spend their spare time. Popular local activities include visiting various excellent dining establishments, parks, and shopping centers.
Camping, a trip to the always-entertaining Lake Conroe, and a stroll through the historic downtown are recommended outdoor pursuits for those in the mood for a little additional excitement.
- Depending on the property’s features and location, homes in the Canyon Creek neighborhood cost anywhere from $300,000 to $400,000.
- There are three- to five-bedroom floor plans and two- to three-bathroom designs among the homes in the area.
- Each home has between 1,700 and 2,400 square feet of living area.
- The sizes of lots in Canyon Creek range from 0.13 to 0.33 acres.
- Most of the homes in Canyon Creek date to the early 2000s or later and have Traditional designs.
The Hills of Westlake
The tranquility of The Hills of Westlake, a new residential development near Conroe, Texas, and its reputation for allowing residents to relax physically and mentally are two reasons the area is so appealing.
The Hills of Westlake real estate market is full of great options for young families and couples just starting. These homes boast first-rate amenities and are suitable for families of all sizes.
- Houses in The Hills of Westlake can be purchased for between $300,000 and $470,000.
- The majority of these house plans feature anything from three to four bedrooms and at least two to three bathrooms.
- The typical internal living space of these homes is between 1,600 and 3,600 square feet.
- Home properties in The Hills of Westlake start at 0.13 acres and go up to 0.33 acres.
- Single-family homes built in the Traditional style with garages attached to the homes are the most common type of dwelling in the area.
What Is It Like Living in Conroe, TX?
Most people who call Conroe home are also homeowners, adding to the town’s packed suburban vibe. In Conroe, there are a lot of young families and young professionals due to its fantastic location adjacent to Houston and plenty of commercial establishments and local services that offer various job opportunities.
Conroe, Texas, is known as the “Miracle City” due to the enormous oil discoveries that were made there during the Great Depression. People from all over the United States would go to the Conroe area, hoping to make their fortunes and find new opportunities.
Thanks to its convenient location, outstanding educational opportunities, diverse housing stock, and business-friendly atmosphere, Conroe, TX has quickly become one of the fastest-growing areas in Texas.
Parks and Recreational Areas in Conroe, TX
The thriving city of Conroe, Texas has several parks that exhibit historical information about the locality.
The Lone Star Monument and Historical Flag Park show the flags flown over Texas. A plaque is included with each flag, explaining how it is connected to Texas’s rich history. Meanwhile, the Heritage Museum of Montgomery County preserves artifacts from early settlers in Montgomery County.
The Montgomery County War Memorial Park was established as a memorial to honor the 166 local servicemen who lost their lives while serving their country during wartime. The year 1976 marked when President Gerald Ford delivered a speech during the park’s dedication ceremony.
The Montgomery County Commissioners Court and the City of Conroe reached an agreement in 2017 to relocate and enlarge the memorial to include the names of up to 50,000 soldiers who have resided in Montgomery County.
In addition to its historic parks, Conroe, TX is home to many family-friendly recreational facilities. You’ll find a wide variety of amenities at these locations, including playgrounds, picnics, sports facilities, campgrounds, off-leash dog zones, athletic fields, street art, a skateboard park, and disc golf courses.
Now that you know more about the lifestyle, amenities, exciting features, and best neighborhoods in Conroe, Texas, you might want to talk to a professional realtor who knows the area like no one else. In that case, feel free to contact me at (832) 244-3210.
You may also get in touch with me through the following social media accounts:
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the best neighborhoods in Conroe, TX?
Defining what the best neighborhoods in Conroe, TX are primarily based on one’s personal preference. A homebuyer may love a quiet community away from the city center, but another may prefer a neighborhood close to many businesses for convenient access to daily needs.
Conroe, TX is home to many different neighborhoods, but we’re confident that you’ll find one that meets your needs and provides the kind of safe, welcoming community you want to raise a family.
What's your favorite thing about living in Conroe, TX?
Interested homebuyers will surely love the city because of its comprehensive selection of lovely new neighborhoods in Conroe, TX. Many of these new residential developments are located in prime areas of the city, with convenient access to different establishments and recreational destinations.
How much does it cost to live in Conroe, TX?
Conroe, Texas has a higher cost of living by 1% than the rest of Texas but a lower cost of living by 7% than the rest of the United States. Housing in Conroe, TX is 17% less expensive than the national average, and utilities are roughly 4% cheaper. Consumables like food and clothing are about 2% more costly in Conroe, TX than the national average.
Services in the medical and dental fields, such as routine checkups and fillings, are 8% more expensive in Conroe than the rest of the United States. Additionally, discretionary costs like dining out and getting a haircut are 2% higher in Conroe, TX.
What are the job prospects like in the Conroe, TX neighborhood?
Residents living in one of the gorgeous neighborhoods in Conroe, TX are supplied with various job opportunities since the city is home to a diverse business community, including the manufacturing, retail, healthcare, life sciences, construction, and tourism industry.